What have I been up to since 2010? Well, it's been a year and a half, so... a lot! Here are a few things I've failed to cover:
- I saw the sights of Paris and got lost in Italy. In the photo, I'm enjoying some gelato in Rome. There might actually have been a gelato shortage in the country after I left. (La dolce vita!)
- I soaked up countless proud auntie moments with that cutie from the previous post.
- I developed a greater appreciation for spontaneity, music from Kenny Rogers and Run-DMC, and redneck reality shows on Tru TV when shared with a kind, smart and handsome significant other.
- I wrote glamorous health care and HR-related articles like "5 things you need to know before your performance review" and "4 ways to a new you in the new year." Throw in some organizational memos, brochures and hundreds of web pages and there is never a dull moment—I’ve got a pretty good gig.
- I learned how to drive a boat. Unlike my car-driving habits, I'm more comfortable with leisurely, single-digit speed limits on the water.
- I worked my way back to doing push ups again. (I loathe push ups, but being able to do them again was a big deal while rehabbing two broken wrists. Now I do them with gratefulness and only the occasional ache.)
That's a lot of "I" statements. But throughout, there have been some pretty special friends and family members along for the crazy ride with me.
I could share plenty more stories of travels, fun moments with friends, my addiction to HGTV and so on. But I'm ready to look forward now. I've missed this little writing outlet and I'm happy you joined me (and Jen!) here.