Already my December has been full of music…from my own choir concert and a men's choral group concert I attended to my garbage man's Christmas carols and my frequent car-ride Christmas sing-a-longs with Michael Buble, Josh Groban and others during my commute. This weekend I'm even going with the family to see Elf the Musical, which I'm anticipating will bring additional Christmas cheer—even without Will Ferrell.
Given how much love my Christmas playlists are getting on iTunes at the moment, I thought about doing a list of my favorite Christmas songs. But I quickly realized I could never pick and rank my favorites—there are just too many. So instead, I bring you a different and more random list of favorites to consider…
- Best song about baby Jesus: Here With Us, Joy Williams
- Most nostalgic song: Christmastime is Here, A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Most captivating rendition of a classic: Silent Night, Priscilla Ahn
- Best a cappella boy band number: 12 Days of Christmas, Straight No Chaser
- Best song(s) to dance to while decorating the Christmas tree (not that I do that…): Snow Globe, Matt Wertz or Christmas Time, Go Fish
- Best Christmas song anywhere, ever (sung by almost anyone): O Holy Night
Fa la la folks! And Merry Christmas!