Lots of people say they have the world’s best dad, but I’m pretty sure my dad truly does rank at the top of the pack. Here are just a few reasons why:
- My dad is crazy. If you’ve met him, you know. There would be far less laughter in my life without my silly (sometimes embarrassing) dad.
- He is a human jungle gym for kids. When I was young, he mastered the art of getting me all hyper and giggly right before bedtime. I can’t wait to see him play with my kiddos someday.
- My friends always thought my dad was super cool (and it’s a fact that my friends are incredibly bright people). Sometimes my friends even wanted to hang out with him, which was a little weird.
- He would do anything for me. Over the years, he has rescued my sister and me from stranded cars, moved us multiple times, been our handyman, and our biggest cheerleader in everything we do.
- He spends quality time with me from family vacations, to daddy/daughter dates growing up, to hockey and baseball games.
- He made sure I grew up knowing what it meant to be a Christian.
- He encourages me be myself. I’m reminded of the time I had to fly halfway across the country to have a very difficult conversation with a colleague. We joked about my fear that I would be a big cry baby, but in the end my dad told me, “just be yourself; you’re sensitive, and it’s okay if you cry” (and I did). Having that reassurance from my “tough guy dad” that I didn’t have to act tough meant a ton.
- He told my husband to make me happy or else…