Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's on your desk?

Yesterday I got my daily e-mail of news headlines from the world of communications and in it was a list of items that colleagues nationwide have on their desks. (We communications professionals need some daily crazy news to survive.) There were green sequined bats, a bottle of tequila and margarita mix, Dwight Schrute bobbleheads and even a pair of squirrel underpants (huh?).

See, anything goes on your desk at work. Whereas, there is no place for a purple fuzzy gorilla on my living room coffee table. Problem is, the whole article reminded me of what is NOT on my desk. Mainly, this:

My desk is lacking an N*Sync bobblehead and I am not happy about it. At my office holiday party in December, we had an intense white elephant gift exchange (it involved lots of reindeer, bowling and yelling). I couldn't care less about the white elephant gifts until I unwrapped this beloved bobblehead. (I know! Who on earth would give that away as a white elephant gift?! Turns out, it was someone who already had an identical bobblehead at home.) Anyway, GAME ON!!!

Team Blitzen (my team) started fighting hard for this prize. A war broke out with Team Prancer and, needless to say, it was not a happy ending for Blitzen. I have assured the new owner of the bobblehead that he'd better watch his back. What's worse is that it now sits next to a UND Sioux hockey bobblehead on his desk. (I'm sorry, but JC Chasez would never cheer for UND.) Not even a fair trade deal--my pig with the light-up snout (a gift during swine flu season last fall) for his bobblehead--would suffice.

How does this whole episode make me feel? Well, I think N*Sync says it best. It’s Tearin’ Up My Heart. I Want You Back little bobblehead…No Strings Attached. I need to come up with a plan, so Bye Bye Bye for now. (Go ahead, insert eye roll here. But I am still awaiting their reunion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment