Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The things we do to feel better

Warning: If you are bothered by talk of things going in or out of your nose, this may not be the post for you.

Thankfully, I’ve had a very healthy winter, so I wasn’t too surprised last week when I finally felt a sore throat coming on. It turned out to be a doozy of a virus that sent me to a clinic, hoping to obtain drugs. While I wasn’t prescribed anything, the nurse practitioner highly recommended that I use a Neti Pot to clear my sinuses. I’ve heard people say the Neti Pot is very effective, but all I could picture was this video, which represented my first ever exposure to this unique device a couple years ago:

Hmmm, where to begin on what’s wrong with this video? I’ll let you pick your own favorite part. Personally, I like the exercises the woman demonstrates to help expel any remaining fluid after using the Neti Pot.

Well, call me desperate, but I did use a variation of the Neti Pot, and I think I actually like it! Don’t get me wrong, it’s still very weird, but it works! Just don’t look for me to star in the next Neti Pot video.

Now, if any of you have some great cough remedies…please help! My co-workers are frightened to be near me for fear that I will start coughing uncontrollably…again.

Have a happy, healthy spring!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, what happens if you're REALLY plugged up? Does your head fill up till it comes out your ear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is hilarious!! Wow, you can find anything on You Tube. It was so uncomfortable watching her pour that stuff in her nose. But hey, if it works, I'd probably try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, that was weird. I almost feel some sort of level of inappropriate closeness for knowing such a thing about you Jen. LOL.

    One other thing. When they say, "exhale forcefully" while doing the exercises, aren't they just saying "blow your nose all over your bathroom floor?".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, Tim. And I know...this was totally TMI!

    ReplyDelete