Monday, August 23, 2010

Only in Wichita

I love amusing and random travel stories. I've heard quite a few since I work in the travel industry, and over the years I've collected a few unexpected anecdotes of my own.

Most of my travel has been to major cities, but it seems there is often something uniquely funny when you travel to a more remote area. I still get a kick out of the baggage claim I found when I arrived at my honeymoon destination on a small island in Belize. My husband's travel has brought him to some remote places too. Last week he found himself at the oh-so-exciting Wichita airport. While waiting to board his delayed flight, he sent me these text messages: "The guy working at the gate counter is now working on the tarmac directing a plane to another gate." That was followed by..."Oh, and now he's unloading the baggage." Someone needs to get this guy a cold beverage, because he was working hard! Apparently cross-training is required when you work in Wichita.

I'll spare you several other random stories of ghetto motels, arguing with flight attendants, etc. It's all par for the course when you're away from the comforts of home. Still, I'd love to hear your most amusing travel experience if you have one, so please tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment