Saturday, July 17, 2010

Don't be a dummy

First of all, I need to apologize to the ten or so drivers on I-35W who I either glared or yelled at last night during rush hour. It wouldn't be the first time, but before I write more about driving, I felt the need to come clean.

That said, I do spend a good chunk of my time each work week sitting in traffic and questioning the legitimacy of several drivers' licenses issued by the state of Minnesota. Am I little aggressive/confident on the road? I suppose so. Unsafe? I think not. Maybe that's why it made me smile today when I read that the iconic crash test dummies have now gone on display at the Smithsonian.

I'm sure it was my parents who taught me the importance of always wearing my seatbelt, however I can't help but think Vince and Larry had a little something to do with it too. The only downside of this news is the fact that a piece of pop culture that debuted in my lifetime has now been retired to a museum of American history. That kind of brings me to a whole new level of old. Oh well. Click it or ticket folks!

P.S. Sorry for our absence in the blogosphere this last week. I hope you're all enjoying the summer as much as I am! J and I have each been doing some traveling this past week...and I returned to a few nightmarish days at work. (Blogging doesn't pay the bills, so I had to face the nightmares first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment