But as Buddy the Elf says: “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is blogging loud for all to hear!” (Ok, it’s singing, not blogging, but that wasn’t as relevant.) I’m pleased to say that, during the busy holiday season, I’m actually taking a whole week off work. Staycation! The list of to-dos for that week before Christmas is already quite long, but I’ve decided to add one more thing: The Christmas Countdown Blogstravaganza! Folks, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to read five new blog posts in five days on Off-Key Duets. I’ll post something each day of my vacation, starting Dec. 20.
But what do you want to read about? Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure stories from elementary school where you got to choose the main character’s next move? Well, this isn’t really like that, but you can still have a say in what I blog about during that week. Here are some options to select from (along with some possible headlines):
- My Christmas card to you (“I didn’t want to pay for postage to send you this”)
- Snowboarding lessons (“Bruises are my new accessory”)
- My really interesting job (“Writing about performance reviews, compensation and life support classes…serious fun”)
- What’s new with my iPod (“Should I listen to the Glee or Cute Boys who Play Guitar playlist today?”)
- My life as auntie (“I’m so in love with the new guy in my life!”)
- Planning my spring vacation (“Two thirty-something women take on Europe”)
- A special guest post from a brilliant and adorable one-month old (“I’m taking a break from filling my diaper to tell you this”)
- Brad Womack returns as The Bachelor (“My co-workers offered to donate PTO so I could go on this show”)
Are any of those worth pursuing? What other ideas do you have for me? Check back Dec. 20 when the fun (or somewhat tolerable storytelling) begins!