Monday, December 20, 2010

From me to you

Hi friends. Welcome to OKD blog week, day one! First of all, let me say that my staycation isn’t really turning out as planned. Since an unfortunate snowboarding incident last week, I can’t tell you how many people have said to me “This story is going to make a great blog post!” And I believe that’s true. But as I sit here typing with just two fingers, attached to two arms in plaster splints, I’m not quite ready to make light of the situation. So let’s save that for another day and talk about something else, shall we?

What better way to begin this Christmas week than with a Christmas letter to you. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, seeing family photos and reading about what my friends and loved ones have been up to for the past year (even if I already knew). Last year I even told you about my favorite Christmas card of the year. (By the way, I got Joe’s card again last week and the tune was “Garbage Wonderland.” It was, once again, brilliant and made my day.)

I have never sent Christmas cards of my own though. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a kid who took his first steps this year, a promotion at my job or any exciting travel adventures to share. Plus I’ve already shared my pictures on Facebook and interesting stories on this blog. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to wish you and your family a blessed and merry Christmas!

I do always enjoy this time of year for the reflection it brings. Another year is almost behind me, and it brought many happy memories. Celebrating my grandma’s 100th birthday, a reunion with great friends and other fun trips, a job where I get to do what I love alongside wonderful people, exceptional concerts to satisfy this music junkie, a new nephew, opportunities to try new things and lots of laughter with the wonderful people in my life.

It’s been a fantastic year with (as it turns out) a surprise ending! I’ve been blessed to share pieces of it with many of you—both in person and on this blog. So thanks for sharing life with me! I pray you and your loved ones have a merry Christmas and happy new year. But first, don’t forget to check for my daily updates here the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment